Graduate Program in Mathematical Sciences
The program in brief
- Graduate study in pure, applied, and computational mathematics,
as well as in mathematical physics
- The program leads to a Ph.D.; obtaining a Master's degree is an
integral part of it.
- The initial part of the program involves a broad mathematical
education, followed by a flexible choice of advanced courses,
seminars, and research activities leading to a dissertation.
For the academic year 2011/2012, the outstanding applicants to the
program at the Masters level are supported through
Additional support of up to 3200€ per year through a teaching
assistantship per year is possible.
- the Jacobs Foundation of America Scholarship of 5000€ per
- the MAMOC Scholarship of 7200€ per year which may be
awarded in two halves;
- financial packages (including tuition reduction) are offered by
Students already working on their PhD are typically supported
through their research group or through external agencies.