Modern Mathematics -
International Summer School for Students
July 2-12, 2013
April 16, 2013: The
application process is now closed. Candidates will be notified
within the next two weeks.
After Bremen 2011 and Lyon 2012, the International Summer
School for Students offers once again ten days of intense
learning and interaction with some of the world's leading
- For talented students in their last two years of high
school or in their first two years at university
- Open to international students from all countries
- The language of the school is English.
- The program features plenary talks and
mini-courses by leading international mathematicians
- Students and instructors live on the park-like campus with
ample opportunities for informal interaction
- Hosted by Jacobs
University in the Northern German city of Bremen
- First round application deadline: March 20
- Second round application deadline: April 15.
- To apply, please use the electronic
application system. Before applying, please read the applicant information carefully
A more detailed summary of the goals and experiences from the
first International Summer School for Students can be found in this
piece by Étienne Ghys and Sergei Tabachnikov which
appeared in the March 2012 issue of the Notices of the American
Download Poster (Low
Resolution PDF, 0.3M)
The School is an initiative in the framework of
the European Campus of Excellence (ECE)
The summer school logo and left title graphics were
created with Jenn3d.