Modern Mathematics -
International Summer School for Students
July 1 - 11, 2017
After successful and encouraging summer schools in Bremen (2011,
2013, and 2015) and Lyon
and 2014), we look forward to
seeing you again in the near future, and to welcoming a new generation
of summer school participants in 2017 and beyond, when we hope to
continue the French side of the tradition as well.
- The Modern Mathematics Summer School is for talented students in their last
two years of high school or in their first two years at
- Open to international
students from all countries.
- The language of the school is English.
- The program features plenary
talks and mini-courses
by leading international mathematicians.
- Students and instructors live on the park-like campus with ample
opportunities for informal interaction.
- Hosted by Jacobs
University in the Northern German city
- Application: Even though the official application period expired, we continue to accept applications and hope that a number of places will still be available. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible, especially if you need an early formal invitation for a visa. Submit your application via https://mathhire.org/events/253. Before applying, please read the
applicant information carefully.
A more detailed summary of the goals and experiences from the first
International Summer School for Students can be found in
piece by Ètienne Ghys and Sergei Tabachnikov which appeared in the
March 2012 issue of the Notices of the American Mathematical
Sergei Tabachnikov, Dierk Schleicher, and the International "Modern Mathematics" Summer School team
The summer school logo and left title graphics were created
of Klein bottle adapted from Wikimedia.