- Three year intensive career-oriented program
- Fast track toward a Ph.D. in Mathematics
at top European and US universities
- Slower track toward a Masters in, e.g., top European programs
- Small classes and close faculty-student interaction
- Jacobs tuition/room/board rates are competitive
with out-of-state fees at US state universities
- Personal mentoring and advising
- Vibrant community of motivated and gifted peers
Why study Mathematics?
- Mathematics is an important step in many careers, and an entry
ticket into graduate programs in many disciplines besides
Mathematics (Engineering, Physics, Astronomy, Economics, Finance, and
- Mathematics gives a perfect background for continuing toward an
- According to The Wall Street
is the best of all professions, most recently confirmed in The
Best Jobs of 2014.
- Last but not least, Math is fun!
The Jacobs Advantage
- Modern dorms, with people from all over the world
- Early involvement in research, usually with one-on-one mentoring
and a history of faculty-student publications in reknown journals
- Flexible curriculum to adapt to student interests and pace
- Flexible choice of minor subjects, see Details
of the 2015 Undergraduate curriculum
Foundation Year Program offers an educational structure akin to a
US four-year degree
with Prof. Alan Huckleberry.
Student poster presentation
in a first year class.
Jacobs alumnus Vlad Vicol visits the campus to teach at
the International Summer School.