The Program in Brief
- 1-2 semesters during the third or fourth year of university
- Jacobs University is part of the ECTS credit system and has
credit transfer agreements with U.S. Institutions
- Comfortable single-room accommodation on campus
- Flexible selection of classes in pure and applied
- Program participants are integrated into undergraduate classes
with students from Europe and around the world
- Small classes with individual mentoring
- Opportunities for student research and interdisciplinary
- Regular "Math Club" with training and participation at local
and international competitions
- Application deadline is May 15 for the Fall Semester and
October 15 for the Spring Semester
Study Mathematics in Europe
Jacobs Semesters in Mathematics offers a limited number of
study-abroad opportunities for undergraduate students in pure and
applied mathematics at Jacobs University, an independent private
university in Germany.
The campus of Jacobs University is located in Bremen, Germany,
an old Hanseatic seaport with roots dating back more than two
thousand years. Modern Bremen is a cultural and commercial center
in northern Germany, and a well-connected hub to explore
Being at Jacobs University means living and studying in an
English-speaking environment within a thriving international
Classes are typically small, allowing for intense and personal
interaction between instructors and students. The program includes
the opportunity to study the German language and to become familiar
with the different facets of German culture and society.
Welcome to the Jacobs Experience!
Download Print Material
A class session in Analysis.
A campus of many nations.
Bremen City Hall.